cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP NIC Teaming Native VLAN issue

2044418Puts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to set up a trunk connection to a HP Server. All the VLAN NIC's on the server get proper DHCP addresses except the Native VLAN (I know for sure that the DHCP of the Native VLAN works fine). When I debug the DHCP server, I see that it receives a DHCP request and it sends an offer back on VLAN1.

So my guess is that the communication from the server to the switch works fine, but communication in the opposite direction doesnt. I think that the NIC teaming software doesnt allow traffic for the native vlan to be received untagged.

Anyone any idea's?

Config of the switchport to which the server is attached:

SW_AL_01#show int faste 0/23 switch

Name: Fa0/23

Switchport: Enabled

Administrative mode: trunk

Operational Mode: trunk

Administrative Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q

Operational Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q

Negotiation of Trunking: Disabled

Access Mode VLAN: 0 ((Inactive))

Trunking Native Mode VLAN: 1 (default)

Trunking VLANs Enabled: ALL

Trunking VLANs Active: 1,10,20

Pruning VLANs Enabled: 2-1001

Priority for untagged frames: 0

Override vlan tag priority: FALSE

Voice VLAN: none

Appliance trust: none

Self Loopback: No

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

If the trunk does not pass specific VLAN traffic, the issue can potentially be that the VLAN has not been added in the database. Issue the vlan database privileged EXEC command in order to enter VLAN configuration mode. From this mode, it is possible to add, delete, and modify VLAN configurations for normal-range VLANs. Could you please specify which switch and what os ( IOS or CAT OS) ie cisco switch series or non cisco switch you are using .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card