CUE voicemail box options/menu

Unanswered Question
Oct 24th, 2007

Is there any way to program a CUE AA script or voicemail box system such that a user's personal voicemail greeting is presented to the caller (i.e. "Sorry, I am not here right now...") which is recorded through their regular VM options, but allow for callers to press something other than 0 (Zero-out feature) to be redirected elsewhere before the beep and they can leave a message?

The solution I have temporarily come up with is to create a CUE AA script that has a standard greeting that says press '2' now to reach someone (the redirect I am speaking of), or stay on the line to continue to voicemail. And then using the Call subflow xfermailbox.aef as specified by:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml

However, this is not the exact desired call flow. Basically, what is desired is that the personal greeting or the CUE message saying "Sorry <recorded name/extension> is not available" and then having the option to press 2 to break out of the voicemail box or to stay on the line to hear the beep and subsequently leave a message.

Any thoughts on how this could be accomplished?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Markus Schneider Wed, 10/24/2007 - 17:43

Sorry, that's about the best you can do. The most you can play in a custom script is a user's recorded name, but not the whole greeting.

redray8 Thu, 10/25/2007 - 04:21

Just out of curiosity, is the full version of Unity Server more flexible?

ranpierce Thu, 10/25/2007 - 06:17

In my opinion it is, yes. It is software and not a router module.

rlp

ranpierce Thu, 10/25/2007 - 06:20

However, I must say that there are some scripting things that are good about CUE.

The best is IPCC for auto attendant

rlp

Actions

This Discussion