cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE voicemail box options/menu

redray8
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to program a CUE AA script or voicemail box system such that a user's personal voicemail greeting is presented to the caller (i.e. "Sorry, I am not here right now...") which is recorded through their regular VM options, but allow for callers to press something other than 0 (Zero-out feature) to be redirected elsewhere before the beep and they can leave a message?

The solution I have temporarily come up with is to create a CUE AA script that has a standard greeting that says press '2' now to reach someone (the redirect I am speaking of), or stay on the line to continue to voicemail. And then using the Call subflow xfermailbox.aef as specified by:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml

However, this is not the exact desired call flow. Basically, what is desired is that the personal greeting or the CUE message saying "Sorry <recorded name/extension> is not available" and then having the option to press 2 to break out of the voicemail box or to stay on the line to hear the beep and subsequently leave a message.

Any thoughts on how this could be accomplished?

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, that's about the best you can do. The most you can play in a custom script is a user's recorded name, but not the whole greeting.

Just out of curiosity, is the full version of Unity Server more flexible?

In my opinion it is, yes. It is software and not a router module.

rlp

However, I must say that there are some scripting things that are good about CUE.

The best is IPCC for auto attendant

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: