cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3030 VPN loadbalance not working?

jcmattos1
Level 1
Level 1

We have dual 3030 4.7.2L in loadbalance and each is directly connected to redundant 6500 cores. Clients are authenticated sucessfully and get an IP from either concentrator but only the primary clients are able to access everything while the other users on the backup concentrator is not? Configs and routes are identical any thoughts or ideas?

3 Replies 3

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the pool range same or different on both the concentrator? Are you running routing protocol and RRI on the concentrator's provate interface or not.

If the pool range is the same and you are not running routing protocol and RRI then it would not work.

Either the pool range should be different and ensure that the inside hosts etc know how to route back to the relevant concentrator (either use the routing protocol or static routes) or if the pool range is the same then routing protocol and RRI would be required.

HTH,

Regards

Pool range is the same...I'll try OSPF and RRI see if that works! Thx!

Kmal, I enabled the OSPF and RRI on the private interface but it doesn't seem to be injecting the routes into our cores. I also notice that the OSPF neighbor relationships aren't being formed with the concentrator and core? Do you have examples of this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: