cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth sharing

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose an isp wants to start a service in which it makes a pool of a number of users say 5 and give them bandwidth of lets say 256 kb, now i want to share this bandwidth among these 5 users, the bandwidth should be divided evenly between the users i.e each user bandwith = 256 / number of users, do you guys have any idea how to do it in cisco ios ?? and also if there is any bandwidth management tool that can do it also ??

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

I am not sure i understand the topology you are looking for but the bandwidth restrictions can be configured on the ingress port of the source by using CAR or Policing

Narayan

the topology is simple, isp is providing bandwidth to its customers now it wants to make a pool of users and assign a bandwidth to that pool which is shared by the users in the pool.. through policing we can just restrict the bandwidth on per user basis but i dont understand how can i share the bandwidth ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card