This weekend I am planning on migrating our business from our current Callmanager Express implementation (version 4.0 running on Cisco 2821 ISR) to our newly-purchased Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6.0.
I have the CUCM6-BE installed and integrated with Cisco Unity Connection. I don't have any other users, DN's, dial plans, or phones in the new system yet. That is all still configured on the CCME.
I will be using the 2821 that is currently running CCME as the voice gateway. It is attached to the PSTN via a T1 PRI.
My rough plan is this: Please tell me if I am off-base or missing anything:
- Have Cisco convert CallManager Express device licenses to Unified CallManager DLU's and install license file
- Populate the CUCM-BE with all required DN, User, Phone, and Dial Peer information
- Import CUCM-BE Users into Unity Connection and configure mailboxes.
- Test internal calling and voicemail.
- Tear down the CCME on the 2821 ISR and reconfigure it as a MGCP gateway.
- Add MGCP gateway to the CUCM-BE system
- Test external calling.
I have another question regarding translation patterns:
- I am currently using translation-patterns as a way of giving internal extensions DID numbers. Unfortunately, our extensions and DID numbers do not match any digits so I can't use an external phone number mask. When I am setting up the translation-patterns, do I set them up in the CUCM6-BE system, or leave them in the 2821 which will be the gateway?