Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from Callmanager Express to Unified Comms Mgr Business Edition

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

All,

This weekend I am planning on migrating our business from our current Callmanager Express implementation (version 4.0 running on Cisco 2821 ISR) to our newly-purchased Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6.0.

I have the CUCM6-BE installed and integrated with Cisco Unity Connection. I don't have any other users, DN's, dial plans, or phones in the new system yet. That is all still configured on the CCME.

I will be using the 2821 that is currently running CCME as the voice gateway. It is attached to the PSTN via a T1 PRI.

My rough plan is this: Please tell me if I am off-base or missing anything:

- Have Cisco convert CallManager Express device licenses to Unified CallManager DLU's and install license file

- Populate the CUCM-BE with all required DN, User, Phone, and Dial Peer information

- Import CUCM-BE Users into Unity Connection and configure mailboxes.

- Test internal calling and voicemail.

- Tear down the CCME on the 2821 ISR and reconfigure it as a MGCP gateway.

- Add MGCP gateway to the CUCM-BE system

- Test external calling.

I have another question regarding translation patterns:

- I am currently using translation-patterns as a way of giving internal extensions DID numbers. Unfortunately, our extensions and DID numbers do not match any digits so I can't use an external phone number mask. When I am setting up the translation-patterns, do I set them up in the CUCM6-BE system, or leave them in the 2821 which will be the gateway?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

one point I would comment, on using MGCP. With h.323 or SIP you would have more flexibility for example retaining your Gw-based number translations.

Also would eas your srst configuration that you can do in 'cme mode' to retain most features.

Thanks! I didn't even think about H.323 because when I add a new gateway in the CUCM6-BE server, it only gives me the option for MGCP or SCCP.

I was looking for documentation online for setting Cisco IOS as a voice gateway on a 2800 router and didn't really find much of anything in the 2800 support site or the Cisco IOS support site. Are there any good docs that anyone knows about?

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: