cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS v 6.0

ironport99
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know when version 6 AsyncOS is due for release?

6 Replies 6

abhay_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

It's currently tracking to a December 2007 release date.

Cheers,
Abhay
(abhay@ironport.com)

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what will be new (enhanced) in this version ?

dset_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Looking through the content filter to verify that mail entering the company meets policy requirements, there is currently no other way to look at the attachments without having to first forward the mail to yourself. Which of course adds to our archiving scheme. In the next version, would it be possible to open the attachment directly from the mail filter :?: This would greatly save time clearing things out.

Thanks,

The main feature in 6.0 will be the MFC functionality onbox. The M-series will be used if you have more then 1 IronPort and want to have centralized tracking and reports.

/Mark

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hey , Mark but including MFC on box can degrate performance a lot isn't it ? doing db things on the system is not so efficent ..., can you comment on these ?

Yes and no.

The M-series is used for the centralised version, because this causes a lot of load on the system. However that is the only real load, as quarantine messages is not so CPU intense.

On the C-series, the reporting is already there. (yes this cost some performance - for all those who remember switching to 5.0 from 4.7) Tracking will also use some cpu cycles and therefore will have some impact. We are positive that the impact will be low and that for those where this is still too much, the same options are available as for reporting (turning it off).

I hope that helps.

I don't have any % numbers for the performance and the testing isn't over yet, so it's hard for me to say.

Best Regards,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: