cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS server with network device group

CiscogeekIND
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco Secure ACS 4.1 build 23 software which is installed on windows 2003 server. it is working fine. but my concern is i want to create two Network device groups and those should work with single ACS server. when i am trying to add single ACS server to both network device groups it is saying overlaaped with other network device group.

I just want to create the two network device group for my identification. can anyone help me in this.

5 Replies 5

somishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Suresh,

You do not need to create the same ACS server entry in every NDG. Just create one entry for the ACS server in the not assigned group and it would work as the server for all the NDGs.

HTH,

Somishra

Thanks, it's working. But I am not able to edit the name of ACS server. editing shows only IP address and other coloumns , its not showing the name. is there anyway to edit this.

In case of a ACS for Windows, you can change the name of the underlying windows server by

going to My computer -- Properties -- Computer name -- Change. The server name entry in the ACS is inherited from the Windows server name.(If the ACS is installed on the DC, then you cannot change the computer name on the DC)

In the ACS Appliance, you can only change the hostname by going to System Configuration --

Appliance Configuration -- Name Configuration -- Reboot the Appliance.

tnx

somishra

May i was not clear in question. i am having the ACS software installed on windows machine. I have 2 network device groups and one is not assigned group. first AAA server i added in 1 netwrok group, Now i tried to add in not assigned group as i want this server to be applicable for all groups, it showed the error duplicate name. Now i want give the correct name in not assigned group. But i am not able to delete and modify the name in first network group.

If you delete the NDG itself, any devices (and AAA servers) will simply revert to the Undefined NDG.

You can then re-create the NDG and add just the devices you need.

Typically you wouldn't add AAA servers to NDGs as this serves no functional purpose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: