Views
Helpful
Replies

Telco sends digit after digit

pblumenthal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have 100 numbers, from xxxx3600 until xxxx3699. The problem is, that when somebody call us, our Telco don't send the whole number. Once he can identify that the call is for us, they already send us the first digits and when the caller complets the number, the Telco sends us the rest of the number.

The problem is that the CCME doesn't wait until the last digit arrive.

Anybody a idea which parameter I have to configure or whick command I have to apply? It seems to be a timer or something like that...

We have a PRI E1 ISDN Line. Cisco 2821 with IOS 12.4-3g SP Services.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Pascal

5 Replies 5

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

This should be the guide for you

Problems with ISDN Overlap Receiving an Unallocated/Unassigned Number

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b48cb.shtml

But I do strongly recommend you to have your telco send the digits en bloc which is the preferred method in contemporary communications.

BR

Not sure you can have a telco to send enbloc just because it's contemporary. Sometime there are no alternatives, or they are not allowed to change parameters at user's request.

Remember, overlap is alway faster than enblock for keypad-dialed calls, in variable-length numbering plans. The two things are deeply interconnected. This way when a caller from home dials the last digit, he/can hear ringback right away and not wait annoying 3-4 seconds.

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Pascal,

Do you have 'T' specified at the end of your destination pattern?. Take a look at this URL:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008086f2e5.html#wp1034981>

The command that seems like it will overcome the your issue is:

timeouts inter-digit

hth,

Ajaz

Hello

This is the actual config about the serial interfcae and dial-peer:

interface Serial1/0:15

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn overlap-receiving T302 3500

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn send-alerting

no cdp enable

!

voice-port 1/0:15

echo-cancel coverage 32

cptone IT

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming incoming

translation-profile outgoing outgoing

destination-pattern 0.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

!

I hope it helps to find a solution.

Thanks,

Pascal

Hi,

can you configure "service timestamps debugs datetime msec" and take "debug isdn q931" together with "debug voip dialpeer" with "term mon" ?

But before you do that, please upgrade to either 12.4(17) or 12.4(11)XJ4 that has many ISDN bugs fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: