Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1.3: how to add Translation Patterns in bulk

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello!

I have a CallManager 5.1.3 and I'd like to add a lot of Translation Patterns (about 5000...) in a bulk way.

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to add TPs in the Bulk Administration menu of the CallManager.

Do you know a workaround to add TPs in bulk (for example, by directly inserting the TPs in the database)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

11 Replies 11

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

You might try looking at a tool AXLBridge

http://www.ateasystems.com/Atea%20Systems/AXLBridge.html

Mike

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Cisco announced at the beginning of the year that the Translation Patterns would be added in the BAT of CCM 6.0, but I can confirm that's not the case, unfortunately

jp

While it is true that a bulk option for Translations Patterns wasn't added in 6.x, the ability to import/export various configurations including Translation Patterns does exist.

That being said follow these steps in 6.x to upload Translation Patterns in bulk.

1. Create a few TP's and then use the Import/Export option under BAT.

2. This will generate a TAR file that you can download from the Upload/Download files.

3. Download and extract the files. They will be in CVS format.

4. Edit the CVS files and then upload the new file using BAT.

5. Then run the import file under Import/Export under bat ...

Sorry this doesn't help under 5.x ... The other alternative is to use a commercial tool that writes to the AXL database or you can always write your own !

Thanks,

Jon

When I follow these instructions, I get an error message on the import that says:

Unmapped Exception bad header in block 0 record 0, header magic is not \'ustar\' or unix-style zeros, it is \'84737978446765\', or (dec) 84, 73, 79, 78, 44, 67, 65

I have tried editing the csv file numerous ways, including excel and notepad. I am taking the exact file thats exported, deleting all but one line and then editing the extensions on that line just to test and these are my results. I have to create a couple hundred TP's tomorrow and I though this would save me a lot of time.

Did you ever get an answer to this? If so, great. If not, there is a freeware tool referenced in the help pages of cucm called 7-zip that allows you to edit the files within the .tar file. Like the earlier post mentioned, create a few TP's and export them. Download the .tar file and open with 7-zip. Don't open the .csv file by doubleclicking it because when you try to save it in the same format, it's 'frustrating'. Instead right click on the file, and chose edit. It opens in csv format and there you can edit or paste new entries into the file. Save it, and upload the entire .tar file including header info back to cucm. Import the file and it should work. I just added 40 TP's and it worked great.

I have a similar issue when importing a validated DMA export from CCM 4.1(3). Except that my error reads: "Unmapped Exception bad header in block 77222 record 16, header magic is not \'ustar\' or unix-style zeros, it is \'10511010165112112101\', or (dec) 105, 110, 101, 65, 112, 112, 101" I understand about editing files within the tar but do any of you know how to find the block and record if it's not the "zero block" ? TIA -kCv

Here is a tool that I wrote which works on cm 5 and 6 for adding trans patterns. JUst take a ook at the input file to see how exactly to format an input file. Unforunatly the IP and user/pass are hardcoded in the script so you'll need to install perl or recompile to run it again st your cluster.

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

Chad,

Thanks for sharing your perl script. I was able to run both the xlation and addroutepattern and modified some parameters. Worked like a charm.

If I want to run an addroutelist using your perl script, how would I know which fields I need to use and build? I tried going to the schema in the plugins for CM but a little bit confusing. Do you know of a document that tells me what fields to use for perl scripts?

I am talking about this in your code:

$axlxml = '

' . $realparse[$routepattern{pattern}] . '

' . $realparse[$routepattern{routepartitionname}] . '

' . $realparse[$routepattern{description}] . '

' . $realparse[$routepattern{callingpartytransformmask}] . '

' . $realparse[$routepattern{digitdiscarddnstructionname}] . '

On

True

' . $realparse[$routepattern{routelistname}] . '

';

OK. I was able to get the xml format by using the getroutelist command.

Hi,

I've found out the solution to the header issue when importing into BAT.

When you download the tar file - there is a header.txt file that is also there. Once you have created the csv file - you then need to create a tar file containing the csv and the header.txt file (use 7-Zip).

Then you can upload it to call manager with no issues. This has saved me half a day or so!

Cheers

Dave

i am applying import/export file option under Bulk in CUCM 8.6. i can successfully validate file but when i am importing via file that i upload and validate i am getting error that select atleast one file but there is no option to select file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: