Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Cisco CallManager and Cisco Unified CallManager

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

What is the difference between Cisco CM and Cisco Unified CM and Cisco Unified Communication Manager?

Also, from which version cisco CM started to be linux? Is it 5 or 6?

Regards

Bilal

5 Replies 5

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Bilal,

Hope you are well.

From time to time Cisco change the names of their products. Cisco Callmanager is now known as Cisco Unified Communications Manager CUCM. I also suspect that the change in names has resulted in 'Cisco Unified Callmanager' also being used. They're all the same thing essentially

Linux was first used with CCM 5.0

Hope this answers your qtns

Ajaz

pls rate this post if it helped.

Thanks a lot Ajaz.

Now the remaining part is the AS500 that I need to select for it the best IOS based on my CallManager version.

The matrix excel sheet file name: ccmigration_09186a00808cfa2d or any excel file named ccmigration, does not contain information that can help.

It talks about Cisco SRST while I do not use it, so what shall I do to select the suitabe image for my AS5400 if it is not SRST?

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

It's difficult to recommend a specific IOS to you but as a general rule always select the latest available since it will include the upto date bug fixes. The other choice is of course which feature set to go for e.g advancedServices, SPservices etc. Have you considered or ever used the Cisco web tool called 'Feature Navigator'

It sounds like this is exactly what you need.

<http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp>

hth,

Ajaz

pls rate this post if it helped.

Ajaz;

As I see that there is not a problem to use different IOS versions with different unified CallManager versions, the only important thing is the features that is related to the IOS. Is it correct?

Regards

Bilal

Yes - and remember what i stated with regards to electing the latest version.

take care and all the best

Ajaz :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: