cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP switch configs

msully2002
Level 1
Level 1

have several switches that I am trying to backup their config to a tftp server. Two of them I am able to ping the server and copy the config to the server. The others will not ping the server or connect to the server.

I have a vlan set up for the switches and another vlan set up for the computers on the network. All the switches connect using the fiber connections and are talking to one another fine. I have the config printed out and have noticed differences in the config. Such as the switches that will connect don't have the no ip finger set. The switches that will not connect have no ip finger set.

The switches that will not connect have the no ip directed-broadcast and no ip route-cashe set on vlan1. Vlan1 is the switch vlan. If need I can copy the config here if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Sullivan

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The things you mention would have no bearing on why you can't back them up. On the switches you can't save make sure you have a default gateway set or default static route set if it is a l2/3 switch and routing is still turned on. I am assuming if you have 2 vlans you are trunking to the switches , if so verify your trunk parameters . You may have to post the configs for us to see . Where is the tftp server located ???

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right taking a closer look at the switch configs for the ones that will not connect the default route is different than the ones that can.

Yes i am trunking the switches. The config is below. All the trunk ports on each switch are the same.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

description VLAN trunk link to 3548-IDF1-1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

speed nonegotiate

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

description VLAN trunk link to 3550-24-MDF-2

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

speed nonegotiate

Can you have more than one default route? I will change the default routes to be the same as the others, but I will have to wait to do this as I don't want to be changing configs during working hours. The TFTP Server is located on my computer which is connected to the second vlan.

Thank you,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco