cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Using Logrot.pl to rotate Syslog files

r.schlifke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to use the logrot.pl on a CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 server running Windows 2000. I get this error message:

Failed to get a successful value back from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\logrot_stat.exe, using Perl stat instead (note: this will f ail for files > 4 GB).

If I manually run the logrot_stat.exe command, I instantly get a value. Is there a way to fix or get around this error?

Thanks, Bob Schlifke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug in logrot that I recently fixed that could account for this. The fix has been rolled into LMS 3.0, but has not made it to 2.6 yet. As a workaround, use logrot_trunc.exe on the log files greater than 2 GB. Once they are less than 2 GB, logrot will be able to successfully rotate them going forward.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug in logrot that I recently fixed that could account for this. The fix has been rolled into LMS 3.0, but has not made it to 2.6 yet. As a workaround, use logrot_trunc.exe on the log files greater than 2 GB. Once they are less than 2 GB, logrot will be able to successfully rotate them going forward.

Thank you for your quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: