cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipphone cp7921g rejected

rchanga
Level 1
Level 1

I look registration rejected on ipphone and the CCM version 4.1 not appear in device default, what can I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Will need to install this devpack either via VNC or at the computer console itself as via remote desktop connection is not supported.

Install the devpack on all servers in the cluster then reboot each of them. Upgrade the publisher first.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure on the controller that you are using the setting for the newer version of admission control for 7920/7921 phones.

Dennis

I download the firware 1.0.1 to CCM v4.1.sr2, but not appear on Device Defaults, What Can I do?

Give me the details. Access Points used, Wireless LAN Controller used, version of code on the WLC, phone that is used. The setting I was talking about earlier is on a Cisco wireless lan controller.

Dennis

the acces point is SYMBOL and the concentrator is SYMBOL, is it the problem?

We don't officially support 3rd party AP solutions, but "should" work fine w/ some caveats. So would be best effort support. Not sure if Symbol supports WMM, etc.

MIchael

the WLAN controller support Wi-Fi multimedia extensions like WMM-power save with admission control and the net is with access port

Michael

..I have only one wi-ipphone cisco 7921g,in the network...before sell anothers. the message registration rejected could be refer to the access port?

Registration rejected is not a WLAN issue.

Should be able to verify this by pinging the phone. So if you are not able to configure a 7921 in your CM, then you need to load the devpack.

Michael

I download the cmterm-7921-sccp.1-0-1.exe on the CCM (TFTP server), but the phone no appear on the device defaults, the w-iphone receive ip, from the callmanager I can do ping to the phone, and validate the TFTP in form manual on the w-ipohone

That is not the correct file. That is only 7921 firmware. That doesn't enable 7921 support on the CallManager.

See my previous posting tellnig you to install the CM devpack.

So yes if you can ping the CM, then not a WLAAN issue.

Install the devpack and you should be good.

Also don't use 1.0.1, the latest recommend firmware is 1.0.4, which is available @ http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser-crypto.

This has nothing to do with the WLAN side, but has to do w/ the CallManager side.

If you don't see 7921 in device defaults, then you don't have support for 7921 and will need to load the latest devpack to enable support. Minimum supported version is 4.1(3) but will need to add the latest devpack (ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-56.exe).

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-41

Mike,

I am bailing out on this one as it is not a WLAN issue at all.

Michael

I execute the file .exe on the CCM, but the not appear there, maybe I must restart the server. the message is the same

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: