Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a help to config 1841 router!

m__didova
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Could someone tell me,can I configure two ISP on one Fast Ethernet port. We have a client, bougth a 1841 Modular router without aditional WAN cards. So, the router hes only two interfases. In this moment, we use one interfase for internal LAN and other for ISP. But the client want to has second ISP.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mariya

Whether you can do that depends on some details that you have not given us.

It is possible to configure more than one IP address on a FastEthernet interface using secondary addresses. So you could configure the address used by one ISP as primary and configure the address used by the other ISP as secondary. For this to work both ISP would need to give the client an Ethernet handoff and you would need a small Ethernet switch to connect the router FastEthernet to both ISPs.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

We have a switch, but i don't know what is the Ethernet handoff. I can config secondary IP, but SDM doesn't permit me to do second NAT.Maybe it have to do by CLI. Sorry I'm not so experienced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card