cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-Relay Sub-Interface Route Cache Problem

susheel.p
Level 1
Level 1

On the Physical Interface i am using Frame-Relay Encapsulation.I have created various sub-Interfaces with different DLCI values.I want to monitor traffic flowing through a particular Sub-Interface using Ip Route-Cache Flow command as we generally do on the Physical Interface.But on Sub-Interface the only option available after entering the command Ip Route-Cache is same-interface.can anybody suggest how can i monitor traffic with a cache table on that Particular Interface.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Susheel

When it was originally implemented NetFlow worked on the physical interface and was not able to differentiate subinterfaces. Cisco has introduced an enhancement to NetFlow which does process for subinterfaces. It is enabled using the ip flow ingress command. Look and see if that command is available on your subinterfaces. If it is not your code may not be recent enough to include this feature.

You can find more information about NetFlow on subinterafaces at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080154dd2.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thnx,

yes it is capturing the traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco