cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS hardware migration - config & cache migration

spasternacki
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAAS solution 3*WAE512 boxes, manager and 1*WAE512 in central site, one WAE512 in remote site. Everything works fine, but unfortunately I need to replace all these boxes, because currently implemented devices are only temporary. I have new boxes on my desk and I am wondering what is the best way to migrate configuration and CACHE!!! to new devices. I found backup/restore procedure in documentation but is seems to migrate only configuration. Could someone confirm that procedure from documentation is fine and there is nothing else to do (hidden tasks) ;-)

And main problem, is there any way to migrate cache content (several GB of data) for whole system.

It is live network and expected downtime (connection without WAAS) is very short.

Additionally there is one more problem - on the temporary boxes I have software 4.0.7; on new boxes 4.0.13. Is there any issue expected?

Any help will be appreciated.

Seba

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Sebastian,

The only way to preserve the cache content is to move the existing drives to the new WAEs. In fact, if you move the drives and the flash card, no reconfiguration is required.

Assuming you can't do the above, I can recommend the following procedure to preserve and restore the configuration:

1. Backup and restore the Central Manager configuration using the following instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6870/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808843bd.html#wp1105156

2. Recover the configuration of each WAE using the following instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6870/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808843bd.html#wp1105458

Thanks,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: