cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archiving messages in Unity Connection 2.0

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Is there any way to archive messages in Unity Connection 2.0? I need a way to preserve messages for a shared mailbox, or at least find a way to keep users from deleting the message.

I know CUE can send message notification with the message as a wav attachment, but I don't see this option in UC 2.0. Once it's off box, I could archive the message through the e-mail server. Is there anything similar in UC 2.0?

Thanks, Randy

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Randy,

I'm not sure if this is what you are refering to;

Archive message recordings before deleting them by saving them as WAV files to your hard disk. In the Cisco Unity Inbox, use the Save Recording As option on the Options menu in the Media Master. (This feature is not available on all systems. Ask your Connection administrator whether it is available to you.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user/guide/2xcucug050.html

By default, except for messages that are marked private, secure, or private and secure, users can save their messages as WAV files to their hard disks by using the Save Recording As option, available on the Media Master Options menu in the Cisco Unity Inbox. You can prevent users from saving any voice message-regardless of its sensitivity-by disabling the Save Recording As option on the Options menu of the Media Master in the Cisco Unity Inbox.

Note the following as you consider this security option:

When you prevent users from by saving messages to their hard disks, they may choose to retain them in their Inboxes and Deleted Items folders longer as a way of archiving them.

Disabling the Save Recording As option affects all users who are associated with the Connection server; you cannot disable it only for individual users.

Users can continue to use the Media Master to save greetings or recorded names as WAV files.

To Disable the Save Recording As Option in the Media Master in the Cisco Unity Inbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Settings > Advanced, then click PCA.

Step 2 On the PCA Configuration page, check the Unity Inbox: Disable Save Recording As Option in Media Master check box.

Step 3 Click Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag210.html#wp1056967

Hope this helps!

Rob