cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11n is starting to become a very hot topic - chipset

r.monks
Level 1
Level 1

I am constantly being asked about 802.11n, there isn't a day that goes by when I am in front of a customer talking about wireless and the topic of “n” comes up. I do pretty good on talking about the architecture, but lately I have been getting a lot of question about the 1250, and the chipset, some of my customer are telling me about issues with Atheos chipset, and they are asking me what is builtin to the 1250… I know that most vendors use different chipset manufactures for this, what do I tell my customers that are wanting to purchase the 1250?

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I know the 1000 series APs was Atheros but I think the 1250 is Marvell. I'll call and ask tomorrow.

I take it that Marvell does not have the same n problem that Atheros has? I have been hearing a lot of negitive feedback on ATH... anyway thanks for responding at least now I know how to answer customers when being asked...

I can tell you the the 1250 was developed and in use on the San Jose campus of Cisco over a year ago and I haven't heard any real complaints from the natives at WNBU. I know the 1500 series is Marvell now and I'm pretty sure the 1250 was going to be as well. By the way, please report back on the problems being seen on the Atheros chipsets. I would like to document these for future possible encounters in the field.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card