cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS 2300 - can I eliminate 'power supply' item?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Folks, imagine that I want to provide fault tolerance in case my 3750 power supply fail. I don't need batteries in the RPS 2300 because I will provide UPS separetely in the rack.

Can you confirm I can eliminate item (b)outlined below, correct? I think so, but I just want to make sure that the RPS 2300 can operate without such power supply item.

a.(1)PWRRPS2300 Cisco Redundant Power System 2300 and Blower,No Power Supply

b.(2) Catalyst 3750E/3560E 1150WAC power supply

c.(2) AC Power cord, 16AWG 2 CABRPS2300

RPS 2300 Cable for Devices other than

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switch needs an internal power supply to operate.

RPS, as implied, should be used for emergency and it's a 'redundant' power supply.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switch needs an internal power supply to operate.

RPS, as implied, should be used for emergency and it's a 'redundant' power supply.

This is what people explained to me, correct me if I am wrong,please:

Imagine the RPS 2300 is connected to a common power recepticle.

Now let's imagine the power supply in the switch 3750 dies.

Since my RPS 2300 is receiving power (no batteries here), the switch could now draw powre from the RPS 2300. That said, not necessarily I would need those batteries in the RPS2300 to keep my 3750 running, correct?

In my case the RPS2300 will be connected to big UPS, and therefore the RPS2300 will be powered on for a while.

Never mind with my stupid question. The 1150W AC power is not a battery. It is just the same power supply the Cat 3750 uses.

Thanks.

I understand your confusion as the item was listed separately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: