Views
Helpful
Replies

VM button "enter your id followed by pound"

tloran
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem on a new CME Version 4.1(0) system with a CUE 3.0 AIM

I can retrive message just fine by dialing the pilot number directly and entering the ID and the password However, when I press the message button, it takes me to the VM pilot number and asks me the same information.

How can I get the CUE to recognize the primary extension of the phone and ask me only for the password? The primary number is set correctly in the GUI and in the CUE CLI. I have restarted the phones and have reloaded the CME?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using number expansion or a dial-plan pattern? If so, you may need to add a voice translation-profile to convert your full numbers to 4 digit extensions when sending to your CUE AIM. It would look something like this, assuming your full numbers were 7705551XXX:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^770555\(1...\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile vm

translate calling 1

translate called 1

translate redirect-called 1

You would then apply the voice translation-profile to your dial-peer for your CUE, assuming your voicemail pilot number was 5000:

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

translation-profile incoming vm

translation-profile outgoing vm

destination-pattern 50..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.164.5

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Give this a try and let me know if it works for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using number expansion or a dial-plan pattern? If so, you may need to add a voice translation-profile to convert your full numbers to 4 digit extensions when sending to your CUE AIM. It would look something like this, assuming your full numbers were 7705551XXX:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^770555\(1...\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile vm

translate calling 1

translate called 1

translate redirect-called 1

You would then apply the voice translation-profile to your dial-peer for your CUE, assuming your voicemail pilot number was 5000:

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

translation-profile incoming vm

translation-profile outgoing vm

destination-pattern 50..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.164.5

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Give this a try and let me know if it works for you.

Bingo

It was the dialplan-pattern. Thank you for your help.

I have not tried the translation profiles yet. I added secondary numbers and all is working

Awesome. If you debugged the dialpeer you would probably have seen the full e.164 number being sent to the CUE. Adding the dialplan pattern should have decreased the number down to the 4 digit extension (or however many digits you use)for presentation to the CUE. If everything is working then you probably don't have to fool with the voice translation-profile. That is used to work around a bug that may not be present in the version of code that you are using.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Really an excellent answer here! 5 points for your good work.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: