cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Floppy Footstands

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

I have probably deployed about 80 7960 IP phones. Over time, about 10 or 12 of these have been RMA'd because suddenly the footstand just fails and will not latch into place, it just goes completely floppy. I can say with almost complete certainty that the phones weren't abused, and in one case the phone sat in one place for 9 months and never had a call placed on it, but when I moved it, some little component could be heard rattling around inside, and the footstand stopped working.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, what might be considered a higher-than-expected fail rate.

Thanks,

-Michael

2 Replies 2

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I have a possible reason that might explain this.

For those who are not familiar with the 79XX IP phone, they do not know how to adjust the footstand. So, they try to reach the desired adjustment using just 'Force'. This results in the mechanism obviously breaking. Whereas we know that the big oval shaped like button on the right hand side needs to be pushed in to change the angle of the footstand.

Some will work it out - others will not ; )

And it's me thinking out loud so I could be completely wrong!

2cents.

Ajaz

dan
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: