cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

crc error on 2948g-l3

tonyp8581
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 2948g-L3 running bin version 12.0(25)W5(27). Very often i get the following error:

%AAL5-3-RXERR: Flow Hdr: (10) input packet dropped because of CRC errors, to the point where the network becomes unusable and i have no other choice but to reset the device.

Obviously, the message is pretty self-explanatory, but the problem i'm having is identifying the source of the problem.

i can't figure out if it's coming from a external device, a specific port, or the internal memory component. The command sh interface show some ports having little crc error but nothing significant. I've enabled some debug option, but the logs don't give me more information.

Does anybody have any suggestion that could help me identify the source.

thanks

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

In most of the cases this happens to be a problem with the hardware or the specific interface.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/117_18802.html

Pengke11,

thx for your response,

i will eventually replace the device, but the error doesn't actually mention a specific port. Do you mean if there is no mention of a specific port, i should assume that the problem is within the device itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: