wired problem, you don`t belive it before you read it

Unanswered Question
Oct 25th, 2007

Hello,

I just got a wired problem this morning, and I hope someone can explain it.

I connected the router to the internet,this router obtained a static ip address via PPPOA from ISP. And I was on internet...

BUT there was some sites I could not open at all, so I tried open them using clean ip address instead of the domain name just for to be sure that dns is not causing any problems, but NO. See the example below, I will use example ip addresses:

for example:

195.30.50.69 I can reach the web side using this ip, and I also got a ping from this ip

BUT

195.30.50.68 I can`t reach this ip and I can`t get the ping response from it either,

but I can reach this ip via another isp provider...

remember I used just example ip addresses instead of real ip, but as you see both of these 2 ip addresses are the same subnet, so "call it rouring problem" would be wrong since these 2 ip addresses are on the same subnet.

I just don`t understand what is the problem here.

There are no ACL`s no firewalling at all ! Everything is opened.

Any idea ??

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Haris P Thu, 10/25/2007 - 23:34

Dear james ,

if the route from you to ISP is correct and you have no ACL and firewall ,the problem will be with the other end . Probably the return route from the host 195.30.50.68 to your IP

Regards,

Haris

050878james Thu, 10/25/2007 - 23:40

But what is more wired, this did not happen only with one ip that I don`t receive any response, but actually there is 12 ip addresses I can`t reach, but all other ip addresses is possible to reach.

Thank You for reply !!

best regards

Actions

This Discussion