Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.2(5): Reoccuring failed health probes

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I've finally started to investigate an issue I have with our CSM setup. Several times a day I get the below syslog message from the 6500

10:49:11: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 4 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server

Then a few seconds later

10:49:41: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 4 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe re-activated server

I never seems to catch the event in action and can never verify if the real server is indeed failed or if this is only a probe timeout. I have both layer 2 and layer 3 server farms in operation and this problem occurs on all of my server farms a few times a day.

No pattern and I have no other indications of any problems. I have most of the probes set on 1 repeat and 30sec timeout. Increase the probe timeouts perhaps?

Regards

Fredrik

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Those error messages are related to probing the CSM does when determining server health. For a TCP probe, this means that the CSM either gets a TCP RST from the server or it does not see a SYN-ACK coming from the server.

Yea. The messages dropped somewhat in numbers when I increased the response timeout of the probes. Thanks