cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920's and Vista

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone been able to sucessfully configure a 7920 phone using the Configuration Utility under VISTA? I keep getting a "ERR 100 (lost connection)" when I attempt.

tia.

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

What Application Loads are the 7920's using? Does the phone re-associate if you turn in off and then on again? There was an old issue where this would occur, and turning the phone off and then on again would temporarily resolve the issue. This issue is resolved in the more recent loads.

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

NOBODY has had any experience with this?

I've experienced the exact same problem. As soon as the customer told me he was using Vista I suggested trying an early version of Windows. The 7920 is EOL and Vista doesn't play well with legacy hardware/software so I doubt this will ever work :(

YES!! YOU CAN USE THE 7920 CONFIGURATION UTILITY WITH V I S T A.

Just do the following

1. Set "7920" network connection as Private

2. Go to the local area connection "7920" and unmark IPv 6

3. Go to IPv 4 and use 192.168.1.2 as IP address, 255.255.255.0 as Subnet, 192.168.1.1 as gateway and 192.168.1.1 as DNS server.

4. Go to Sharing and mark both under ICS

5. Don't forget to enable USB

You loose your network connectivity, but 7920 conf utility works PERFECT

P.S. after you finish check your local area connection properties!

Dimitris

I dont follow. The 7921 uses a network connection, but I dont see anything like that for a 7920.

Enable USB in 7920 menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: