Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead pagign - help

Kelex000333
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco callmanger 3.3

when users dial the access 499 for paging it jsut rings does not page overhead. Where can I check?

12 Replies 12

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

It depends on how your Paging is configured, but when I have trouble like that I do these 3 things...

Reset device from Call Manager

Reset Paging Controller (Hardware that interfaces with Audio Equipment)

Do a Shut and No Shut of the FXO port that my paging controller connects to.

Good Luck,

--Joe

I cannot locate any devices pertaining to a "page". I did reset analog gateway - no help.... where is the paging controller and FXO port done? I am remote and will need to walk through tech onsite.

When you reset the gateway what device was it located in? The FXO ports I use are in our 3845, so to shut/no-shut I would login to the 3845 Router, and configure that port. The paging controller is a little harder to find, but to reverse engineer you could trace back the cable coming from Cisco device (that you just reset) to where-ever it connects. It more than likely is a couple of wires that go into an electronic box that also connects to the audio equipment.

Cisco IAD2400 - but no access number of 399 i will trace it back and see. would rebooting the cm servers help? do I need to also reboot unity and what order?

I wouldn't reboot the servers, because that shouldn't add any value...

Look at your route patterns. A route pattern more than likely was made to take those digits and send them to a gateway. Once you find the pattern, look at the gateway it is supposed to go to and then log into the gateway and reset the voice port.

I don't see anything with route pattern of 499. And nothing in route pattern pertaining to paging....weird. anywhere else? Would it not be an analog?

Do you dial the extension 499 from an IP phone or from an analog phone? The pattern does not need to be there if in your situation a dial-peer wil l be sufficient.

From an ip phone. I restarted the gateways after-hours and works....thanks

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue...

Now having same issue. I found the device which is ATA 186 overhead paging. I have restarted/reset and still rining. where can this equipment be (ie. near the callmanager server, switch,)

The ATA 186 can be located anywhere on your network similar to an IP Phone. The easiest way to track it down would be to locate the switchport it is connected to via MAC Address, and then trace that cable through your network. You could also try tracing back the analog phone line from the paging controller to the ATA.

Here is a page with a picture of the ATA, so you know what you are looking for...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_data_sheet09186a008007cd72.html

--Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: