Trunk port question

Unanswered Question
Oct 26th, 2007

The following is partial of vlan table on a switch:

1----default----active----fa0/1, fa0/2, fa0/6, fa0/7, fa0/8, fa0/10, fa0/11, fa0/12

86----VLAN9986----active----fa0/9

1002----fddi-default----active

1003----token-ring-default----active

Please study the exhibit carefully. The switch that generated this output has 12

ports. Why are some of the ports missing from VLAN1?

A. The missing ports are in VLAN 86.

B. The missing ports are administratively disabled.

C. The missing ports are not participating in spanning tree.

D. The missing ports are configured as trunk ports.

E. The missing ports have a status problem such as a speed or duplex mismatch.

Answer: D

Explanation:

The show vlan command displays the VLAN information and ports in all VLANs. This

command displays only the ports in access mode. The missing ports must be configured as trunks.

I tried on Netsim, and saw the trunk port still in VLAN1. Is that true, trunk port will not shown in any other VLAN, or depends on the setup?

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
arifmscelectronics Fri, 10/26/2007 - 10:05

Hi I am Arif.

The answer of the question is D

As the missing port is not shown in the vlan 1

and it is trunk port, it carry the vlan information.

xs_echoss Fri, 10/26/2007 - 10:47

can you explain more detail? cuz what i observed from the simulation, the trunk port is still in vlan1.

Hi There

This is the problem with simulator software.

They are only programmed with what are considered the basic requirements to help you with your studies. They do not (and do not claim to) provide a replacement for an actual router or switch.

This is one and I am sure you will find many more instances when a simulator does not give a true reflection of the response of an actual router or switch.

It is precisely for this reason that people recommend building a home lab with real Cisco equipment. That way you will get the correct output all the time. You can build a proper lab using Ebay to find cheap hardware.

Best Regards and Good luck with the studies,

Michael

xs_echoss Fri, 10/26/2007 - 17:30

Thank you.

That is what I concerned. You are right, I do find some other bugs with the simulator, so I want to make sure.

Actions

This Discussion