cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference phone 7936 is unable to register with CCM(7912 phone no issue)

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am trying to add a brand new Cisco conference phone 7936 in a conference room.

Yet the phone showed " ... registering..." . IP address of the phone showed " unknown" on CCM.

Though I use 7912 phone at the same spot,hook up with same network cable, no issue at all.

Anybody know anything different for 7936 configuration comparing with other Cisco phones?

Your reply is appreciated.

Howard

5 Replies 5

master001
Level 2
Level 2

The message on the Cisco 7936 IP Conference Station is:

"Configuring IP…..

Press Menu to Reconfigure"

It seems the phone is unable to estabilsh connectivity with TFTP server(That is CCM server).

Anyway to locate this issue?

Thanks again.

Howard

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Howard,

Hope all is well with you! The 7936 needs a different switchport config than other IP Phones.

I'm not sure exactly how you have your Switchports setup but try stripping down the config to;

Switchport mode access

Switchport access vlan xxx

etc

Where xxx is your Voice Vlan

These phones won't work on a Trunked Switchport.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much, Rob.

I will update and rate it once I have a chance to test it.

Howard

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Howard,

Nice to talk to you once again :) Yes let me know how you make out with this. I'm sure you should be good to go as we use many 7935's and 7936's this way. If you connect them to a Trunked port they just don't work. It took us a while to figure this out when we first started using them.

Take care,

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thank you for your information.

Finally 7936 is working properly now.

After the 7936 connected to the network,

The 7936 showed " duplicate IP address xxxx "

I checks the switch configuration. It looks fine.

Then I found IP scope for Phone(current voice vlan) is full. I had to assign the 7936 to another voice Vlan.

Regards,

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: