cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring VLANs on switch ports of 851

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Can this be done? I haven't found any examples and I can seem to define VLANs using the encapsulation and dot1q commands like I have in the past with 1700 routers.

Any ideas?

Thans,

Diego

4 Replies 4

That's not really what I am looking for. I am looking to setup various 802.1Q VLANS on the router. I did some checking and it seems like the 851 only supports 1 VLAN. The 871 model seems to support 4 802.1Q VLANS with the Adv IP image. So now it seems like I have to get an 871 but I am still going to need some help when I get it. I would like to setup 4 802.1q VLANS on the 871. I need to assign specific IPs and VLAN IDs to this router and I need it to route between the VLANs' IP subnets. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Diego

Diego, your initial question was not that clear as your second post. I am quite sure Edison would have pointed you on the right direction, do not just low rate post at a first glance, but be more clear in your question specially when seeking assistance. The models that do support 802.1q vlan, and 802.1q trunking are 871,876,877,878. for future reference there is a link you can check for features you need by specific platforms, you can check software advisory tools for acurate features information .

http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

Jorge Rodriguez

Sorry about the rating. I thought that some rating is better than no rating. Besides my questions was clearly asking about an 850 and dot1.q trunking and I was referred to a config for an 870 with a VLAN setup that the 850 doesn't support.

Rgds,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: