cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring VLANs on switch ports of 851

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Can this be done? I haven't found any examples and I can seem to define VLANs using the encapsulation and dot1q commands like I have in the past with 1700 routers.

Any ideas?

Thans,

Diego

4 Replies 4

That's not really what I am looking for. I am looking to setup various 802.1Q VLANS on the router. I did some checking and it seems like the 851 only supports 1 VLAN. The 871 model seems to support 4 802.1Q VLANS with the Adv IP image. So now it seems like I have to get an 871 but I am still going to need some help when I get it. I would like to setup 4 802.1q VLANS on the 871. I need to assign specific IPs and VLAN IDs to this router and I need it to route between the VLANs' IP subnets. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Diego

Diego, your initial question was not that clear as your second post. I am quite sure Edison would have pointed you on the right direction, do not just low rate post at a first glance, but be more clear in your question specially when seeking assistance. The models that do support 802.1q vlan, and 802.1q trunking are 871,876,877,878. for future reference there is a link you can check for features you need by specific platforms, you can check software advisory tools for acurate features information .

http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

Jorge Rodriguez

Sorry about the rating. I thought that some rating is better than no rating. Besides my questions was clearly asking about an 850 and dot1.q trunking and I was referred to a config for an 870 with a VLAN setup that the 850 doesn't support.

Rgds,

Diego