Upgrade IPCC 4.05 to 4.5(2) or 5.0(1) and CCM 4.1(3) to 5.1(3)

Answered Question
Oct 26th, 2007

I am currently at IPCC 4.0(5)Premium and CCM 4.1(3). We want to upgrade to CCM 5.x to support Exchange 2007 UCM. Unfortunately, we must upgrade IPCC to for compatability reasons with CCM. We understand that there is NO DIRECT UPGRADE PATH for IPCC with the versions stated in the title. We do not want to use other software or hardware to integrate Exchange with CCM (ie Audiocodes or Unity). With this understanding...

1. Do you recommend 4.5(2) or 5.0(1) for IPCC and why?

2. What features will I gain/loose in the IPCC upgrade?

3. How will licensing and software procurement work under an SASU contract if there is not a direct upgrade available?

4. What are the upgrade/installation steps for both CCM and IPCC? Ex. (upgrade CCM to x then IPCC to y and then CCM to z)

5. Under #4, what are specific instructions for porting over the scripts, prompts, workflows, settings etc.. with IPCC?

6. Will I retain all of my phone and user licensing with CCM? What will change?

7. Since the database doesn't upgrade, how have you dealt with the IPCC historical database after the upgrade to the newer version?

8. What other recommendations would you make for this project?

I know these are alot of questions and cover both IPCC and CCM. We have the documentation for each of the versions stated above as well as the compatability guides. The problem is the documentation doesn't discuss multiple system upgrades when they are dependent on each other. It is really hard to find people who have experience with both let alone upgrade experience with these versions.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to your answer! (Helpful and complete posts are rated)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by adignan about 9 years 1 month ago

5.0(1) - There are many new features to take advantage of such as WFM, QM, Windows Server 2003 support, nifty Supervisor Desktop features, HA support, multi-channel support, Outbound Dialer/Preview support, among others. We have numerous 5.0(1) implementations in the field now and they are performing well.

See above

3. How will licensing and software procurement work under an SASU contract if there is not a direct upgrade available?

there is not direct "technical upgrade" but if you have SASU you will need to get UCCS and ESW - contact your Cisco partner - and they you can use the Product Upgrade Tool to get 5.0 - www.cisco.com/upgrade - go there now and enter your SAU contract number to order 5.0 softwre.

4. What are the upgrade/installation steps for both CCM and IPCC? Ex. (upgrade CCM to x then IPCC to y and then CCM to z)

You will need to do this over a weekend but upgrade CCM to 5.1(3) first, then upgrade UCCX to 5.0(1) after that.

5. Under #4, what are specific instructions for porting over the scripts, prompts, workflows, settings etc.. with IPCC?

There isn't anything automated so you will have to manually download all of the scripts from appadmin, you can grab the prompts from the c:\program files\wfavvid

prompts directory, and lastly take screen shots of every configuration page. I would also recommend pulling off the db_cra database on the CRS server cuz all that historical data will be lost. I would also recommend pulling a hard drive if possible.

when upgrading CCM from 4.x to 5.x a license file will be generated for you that takes into account all CONFIGURED phones you have at the time of the upgrade and it also adds a few % more to cover you.

7. Since the database doesn't upgrade, how have you dealt with the IPCC historical database after the upgrade to the newer version?

pull off the db_cra database and put it on an external SQL server and use Crystal Reports to write customer reports.

I would contact a Cisco partner to assist you with this as they should have the expertise to ensure this goes properly for you. Secondly, I would think about going to CM6 as opposed to 5.x.

adignan - berbee

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Correct Answer
adignan Sun, 10/28/2007 - 17:47

5.0(1) - There are many new features to take advantage of such as WFM, QM, Windows Server 2003 support, nifty Supervisor Desktop features, HA support, multi-channel support, Outbound Dialer/Preview support, among others. We have numerous 5.0(1) implementations in the field now and they are performing well.

See above

there is not direct "technical upgrade" but if you have SASU you will need to get UCCS and ESW - contact your Cisco partner - and they you can use the Product Upgrade Tool to get 5.0 - www.cisco.com/upgrade - go there now and enter your SAU contract number to order 5.0 softwre.

You will need to do this over a weekend but upgrade CCM to 5.1(3) first, then upgrade UCCX to 5.0(1) after that.

There isn't anything automated so you will have to manually download all of the scripts from appadmin, you can grab the prompts from the c:\program files\wfavvid

prompts directory, and lastly take screen shots of every configuration page. I would also recommend pulling off the db_cra database on the CRS server cuz all that historical data will be lost. I would also recommend pulling a hard drive if possible.

when upgrading CCM from 4.x to 5.x a license file will be generated for you that takes into account all CONFIGURED phones you have at the time of the upgrade and it also adds a few % more to cover you.

pull off the db_cra database and put it on an external SQL server and use Crystal Reports to write customer reports.

I would contact a Cisco partner to assist you with this as they should have the expertise to ensure this goes properly for you. Secondly, I would think about going to CM6 as opposed to 5.x.

adignan - berbee

walteryork Mon, 10/29/2007 - 08:57

Adignan,

Thank you SO MUCH for your thoughtful, detailed responses.

You mentioned going to CM6 but as I understand, that is not posted by Microsoft as an accepted platform for Exchange 2007 UM. :(

I ordered the CM and IPCC software.

CM5.1-K9-UPG=

CCX-UPG-P-40-50=

But didn't see anything for the MCS OS on IPCC or the Linux OS for CM?

adignan Mon, 10/29/2007 - 08:59

The OS for CM 5.1 is built into the DVD that you will get in the mail.

For the OS for 5.0, you will also receive the 2003.1.1 OS in the mail.

As for UC6 with Exchange 2007, I have it running in the lab with no issues and we have a small customer up on UC6 with Exchange 2007 UM without any issues.

adignan - cdw berbee

adignan Mon, 10/29/2007 - 09:18

Make sure you order UCSS for your UCCX 5.0. If you don't, you won't get a PAK, to get the new 5.0 license.

adignan - cdw berbee

mohsenlotfi Thu, 11/29/2007 - 01:47

Hi adignan ,

In IPCC Enterprice I have to order seperate license for WEB / Email and Agent outbound ,

Is it the same in UCCX 5.X or i can just order primum license and use all these features ?

Actions

This Discussion