Boston network simulator

Unanswered Question
Oct 26th, 2007

I am interested in buying a network simulator to study for the CCNP exam. How is the Boston network simulator? Most important, does it work with Microsoft Vista?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
fightermig29 Tue, 10/30/2007 - 16:07

Is it Boson or BosTon?

I am using Boson. I have played with several simulators and havent found a good one. Boson seems to better of the pack.

With simulator, you have to make sure you SAVE all your configurations, not just save as in command Router# copy run start....but save as in Windows Save File As.

If I leave the Boson simulator running on my Xp, for some reason it shuts down after a couple of hours, dont know why!.

Not all commands are supported.

I can't see the Lab descriptions, though it will launch the labs. But without knowing what to do, the labs are useless. Maybe I did not install correctly.

I am playing with both Boson and Sybex and some online free simulators.

Hope that helps

cmccullough5 Wed, 10/31/2007 - 07:52

You are correct, I do mean the Boson network simulator - the one advertised on the Cisco website. Thanks for the correction.

I read another review that the Boson simulator is only licensed for one year. I'm not very eager to pay $135 for a software package that I can only use for one year. Do you know if updates are available after the first year and what the cost is?

My primary computer runs Vista. Does the Boson simulator work on Vista? If it does not run on Vista I will have to load it on my laptop - not my preferred choice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actions

This Discussion