Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST router basis questions

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

For a branch office connectivity solution, we are planning for a 2811 router with SRST being able to make voice calls to the PSTN via a BRI card. Just three questions on this :

1. Can you tell me if the following parts are right for this:

a. VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE (for voice calls)

b. 2811 router with Adv IP Services feature set

c. FL-SRST-SMALL (just for 15 users required)

2. Do i need to also need to add PVDM2 to the list? Or is the Voice BRI card enough in this case?

3. Do i also need CME license to host this router as SRST viz. FL-CCME-SMALL?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

5 Replies 5

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Gautam,

If you are purchasing a voice bundle such as 2811-VSEC-CCME/K9, this will ship with PVDM's 2-16 and CCME ready-to-go. So you don't have to purchase them ontop.

Take few minutes to run through and digest this 'Quick Look' guide to ISR bundles.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5854/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd804e773d.pdf

The VIC2-BRI-NT/TE is the right module for your scenario.

hth,

Ajaz

Dear Ajaz,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am not going for voice bundle because i am getting the router with a WAN optimization bundle that includes WAAS network module.

Thats why i asked if i need to order PVDM's separately? Anyways, it appears that i need them too.

Also, i wanted to know that if i have SRST licence, do i still need CME license to make it work as a SRST router?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Gautam,

If you require SRST and you have licence for that then you do not need to purchase CME licence. The two are exclusive of one another.

hth,

Ajaz

pls rate this post if it helped.

Dear Ajaz,

I am not going for voice bundle because i am getting the router with a WAN optimization bundle that includes WAAS network module.

Thats why i asked if i need to order PVDM's separately? Anyways, it appears that i need them too.

Also, i wanted to know that if i have SRST licence, do i still need CME license to make it work as a SRST router?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Dear Ajaz,

Thanks a lot

Gautam