cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and Outgoing Calls

j-foote
Level 1
Level 1

Have two problems with srst. When a remote site goes into srst mode, how can calls be redirected to their pstn number from ccm? Currently the call goes directly to their voice-mail.

The second problem is when the remote site is in srst mode and they place a outside call, the caller id on the other side displays the directory number and not the full number. What do I need to add to my call manager fallback that will solve this problem?

Thanks,

James

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

1. Use CCM 4.2 or 6.0 to include CF Unregister feature.

2. Use Voice Translation rules to change the caller Id in the ISDN interface itself if using PRI|PRI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/dial/configuration/guide/dcbri.html#wp5037

Thanks for replying.

We are using CCM 4.1(3)so will have to wait for the CF unregister feature.

We are using a pots line for SRST fallback, can a translation be used to change the caller id?

"We are using CCM 4.1(3)so will have to wait for the CF unregister feature."

No. Have you checked out the CCM SRND?. Your requirement can be met with a carefully thought out dial-plan. When CCM makes a call to 4242 for example the call will fail because the remote site is not accessible via IP. But CCM can be told to try another way such that the dialled digits are manipulated to match the E.164 which of course will be routed by the GW across PSTN.

The same applies in reverse. Say for instance a user dials the fully qualified number from HQ to an IP phone located at remote office. The dial structure or plan should ensure that if IP WAN is available - then it must be untilized in such a scenario. To do this obviously the full length number should be manipulated to 4digits and routed over IP WAN. I am using 4digits as an example but this would be your short form dialled number for inter-site dialling.

I have not looked into CF unregister feature but I would find it difficult to accept that Cisco would release a licence based feature (i.e. SRST) that did *NOT* have a solution to what I would describe as quite a fundamental requirement in 4.1(3)

Link to 4.1 SRND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00806e8a79.html

hth,

Ajaz

gogasca is correct...just above the section at the following link, they discuss in full the CF UR feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c1f.html#wp1043823

Use a translation profile with the appropriate rules to prefix digits to the outbound calling party for a dial-peer.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /.*\(....$\)/ /361572\1/

voice translation-profile CLID_Out_TP

translate calling 10

dial-peer voice 2000 pots

translation-profile outgoing CLID_Out_TP

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

port 0/2/0

Good luck James.

Thanks Tim

I'm holding off on upgrading to 4.2 until I've tested upgrade procedure on spare box. I'll be sure to use the UR feature then. If I follow your translation rule correctly, what you are doing is accepting any digits(.*) and with the first 4 digits (....$\) you are replacing with the pattern 361572 (361572\1).

This sounds like it's going to be applied to the dialed number, when I need to be able to change the External Phone Number Mask like in CCM?

By the way, gate solution is working like a charm...thanks

James

! Take the last 4 digits ($) of any string and prepend 361572 to it

! 7778882345 will become 3615722345

! Try test voice translation...

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /.*\(....$\)/ /361572\1/

! Apply the rule to the profile to translate the calling party number

voice translation-profile CLID_Out_TP

translate calling 10

! Apply the profile to the dial-peer on outbound calls

! The calling party number on an outbound call will be an internal IP phone

dial-peer voice 2000 pots

translation-profile outgoing CLID_Out_TP

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

port 0/2/0

Let me know if you have other questions.

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

For the second question, did you have 10-digit mask under "External Phone number mask" under the DN-page under CCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: