Helpful
Replies

Core Switch 6500 - DHCP

b.fawaz.emr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have issue with my network.

Actuallty I have 6500 Switch with Firewall Moduler. and connected to DHCP Server <Mirosoft Version>. And the VLAN 10. is behind the firewall and from there connected to DHCP Server. WHen the user try to get IP address from DHCP they con't. But when we change the vlan 109 its working fine. After I allowed in firewall all the traffic for the server. DHCP can sea the request but cant provide IP address.

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

What is the Gateway for the VLAN, the FWSM or the MSFC and where is the DHCP located

If it is the FWSM, then you would need to allow udp port 67 & 68 from any source (remember DHCP request soruce address is 0.0.0.0)

Also if the DHCP is on a seperate segment, you need to configure a DHCP relay agent with the help of ip helper-address

HTH

Narayan

please rate all posts

Thank you For replay

The connectivity like:

Core_SW_6500 + Firewall Module--->Dump Switch--->DHCP Server

- And the port 67&68 from any source is enabled.

- The DHCP IP helper address configured.

- The DG for VLAN is the CORE.

THe last thing found the VLAN10 its routed to Firewall for the DHCP connected to VLAN10 the DHCP can sea the request but not give IP address. But when we configure new vlan109 and is direct to DHCP without routed to firewall working fine.

In this case, th switch would send a unicast DHCP message with the VLAN IP address as the source towards the DHCP server.

Make sure you have allowed the traffic both ways from the SVI towards the DHCP and the DHCP server towards the SVI adddress.

HTH

Narayan

Thanks Alot

Its allowed already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco