cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How CM knows where Unity is

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone tell me how or where CallManager knows where the Unity server is? I mean, how does it know what its IP address is, or name, etc.? Im moving our unity server today from one server to another, and Im assuming CM needs to know where Unity is. Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The pointing actually occurs on Unity through UTIM.

Thank you,

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Unity knows where CM is through the Unity Telephony Integration (UTIM). This is a system tool located in the Unity Tools depot on the Unity server.

When you move your Unity server, you need to make sure that you have IP connectivity to CallManager. Once the move is complete, you can open UTIM and verify connectivity to your CM server(s).

Thank you,

Jon

So you are saying that Unity knows about CM, not CM knows about Unity? Correct?

They both know about each other. Your voicemail ports are setup in CM and when Unity comes online it registers those ports (through UTIM) to CM.

The integration is the key.

Thank you,

Jon

Thanks, I just would have thought that you would have to "point" CM to see Unity via ip address or something. I guess not. Thanks.

The pointing actually occurs on Unity through UTIM.

Thank you,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: