cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn on cisco asa

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, can anyone tell me when we use the wizard on the cisco asa to create a vpn tunnel, does it automatically add a nat0 statement so it no nats the given networks, and also does it do a seperate access list for the encrypted traffic, if i go onto the access lists on the firewall, should they show here, or would they show on the acl manager under site to site vpn ?

1 Reply 1

bbayer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am not sure of the specific answer to your question, but in ASDM under options tab>preferences>General tab is a check box - "Preview commands before sending them to the device". Check this check box and every time you hit apply it will show you a screen with the commands that it is going to send to the ASA and give you the option of sending them or not.

Give a man a fish.......

Teach a man to fish.......

I believe it does do a separate access list to define the interesting traffic for the VPN. I think it automatically adds the nat0 statement. I would check by looking at the config. You may need to add more nat0 commands if your VPN users are supposed to access the DMZ.

Brian ": )