Cisco VPN Client v5.0 Windows XP "media disconnected"

Unanswered Question

I have a Thinkpad T60p running XP fixpack 2. I recently installed Cisco VPN Client V5.0. After installation I attempted to browse the internet and was unsuccessful. Upon further investigation, the results of ipconfig, show the LAN connection status to be "media disconnected". The connection was working fine prior to installing the Cisco VPN Client sw. I uninstalled the sw, and my connectivity was once again fine. I reinstalled the sw and experienced the same problem. Ipconfig/renew did not make a connection. I am connected directly to a cable modem, thus bypassing my router and I still can't get out. I've researched this problem and although many people have the problem, I did not find a viable solution. I've attempted to uninstall the vpn client and the uninstallation process hangs. So, now I have 2 problems: 1. Media disconnected - I cannot use my ethernet connection and 2. I cannot get the Cisco VPN client sw uninstalled. Can someone please help? I need a document that describes how to manually uninstall the VPN sw or (and better yet) I need to get my system so that it will assign an ip address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion