IPCC Upgrade from 5.0 version to 7.2 version

Answered Question
Oct 27th, 2007

Hi All;

I need to do upgrade from 5.0 to 7.2 IPCC, all the system is duplicated, in doing that upgrade, do I need to do Database upgrade (logger, awd, hsd, webview) or the same Database will work with new version?

Also, is the best senarion to start by part 1 (rogger1, pg1, ipivr1, ccm1) then make part 1 active and start by part 2 (rogger2, pg2, ipivr2, ccm2), while in any case, I can come back to the other part?

Someone suggested to build a new separated system (ip ivr, ccm, icm) and take a copy data from the current system and use it with the new one, then making new system life, so in case any fail, we come back to the current system? Does that work? Is it possible really to take the data from the icm and ccm and ip ivr and deploy it on the new system succesfully?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by lpezj about 9 years 2 weeks ago

Bilal,

You have to use BARS to BackUp/Restore IPIVRs and CallManagers.

You have to use normal SQL Server BackUp/Restore for HDS and Logger configuration in IPCC Enterprise (and backup registry keys an all IPCC Enterprise machines).

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Overall Rating: 4.4 (7 ratings)

Your questions are quite broad and you would be wise to read the ICM 7.0 Upgrade Guide, and then come back with some specific questions. The upgrade guide is very detailed and covers the two procedures: the Common Ground upgrade and the Technology Refresh upgrade.

If all the hardware reaches the minimum specs for a 7.x system, the Common Ground method is allowed.

My guess is you will be doing a Tech Refresh.

Regards,

Geoff

bilalghayad Sun, 10/28/2007 - 15:47

Thanks a lot, I am in process to read them and that will help ofcourse.

One more thing please if you can help, I would like to know if there is a document (if there is) for the redundancy between the IP IVR servers: how they determine the active server and how the two IP IVR servers communicate with each other always to determine who still live and do the exchange if one fail ... I mean the cisco IP IVR, really I do not know if that even possible, but I see in a lot of sites that there is two IP IVR's existed and sometimes three, and when I ask, they say it is for redundancy, but I do not know how they work all togethor to acheive this redundancy, any document that can help?

Regards

Bilal

lpezj Mon, 10/29/2007 - 06:19

Bilal,

Cisco IPIVR is not a redundant real-time system in IPCC Enterprise. The IP/IVR could be a redundant system only with CallManager, not in a IPCC Enterprise Enviroment, becuase the ICM susbsystem is not redundant. You can deploy two Cisco IPIVRs, but you have to program the IPIVR redundancy on the IPCC Enterprise routing scripts.

Take a look to this document. It says how to do it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_tech_note09186a00803678b0.shtml

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

bilalghayad Tue, 10/30/2007 - 05:01

Thanks a lot Juan;

One last issue :) - Could u please advise a document to do upgrade from IP IVR to CVP? Also, do you a special comment for such jump?

Regards

Bilal

lpezj Tue, 10/30/2007 - 05:06

Bilal,

There are no a straightforward procedure to upgrade from IPIVR to CVP. They are a very different products with a different installation and a different configuration.

The best way is mantain IPIVR, install CVP and program the configuration of the IPIVR, manually, on CVP.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

bilalghayad Tue, 10/30/2007 - 05:33

That is fine, and when we move from IP IVR to CVP, we do a script on the ICM to use CVP instead of IP IVR, for any fail, we jump back to the IP IVR.

Any document for a table that gives detaisl about the needed hardware for the CVP (server specifications)?

Regards

Bilal

bilalghayad Thu, 12/06/2007 - 02:24

Big Thanks Juan for your help.

Do I need to use BARS in ICM upgrade from version 5.0 to 7.2 or not? And what will be the difference between using BARS and using the normal backup and restore for MSSQL?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

rbua Thu, 12/06/2007 - 06:49

Hi Bilal,

BARS is only for IPCCX, for IPCCE SQL Server backup will do.

To check on the CVP Server specs, check on the CVP Bill of Materials document.

Regards,

Riccardo

bilalghayad Fri, 12/07/2007 - 12:00

Thanks Riccardo for your answer.

Why BARS to be used with IPCCX and CCM upgrade while we do not need to use it with IPCCE? In other words, what BARS does a think that we can not do it in backup and restore?

Special Thanks.

Regards

Bilal

msaskin Tue, 01/08/2008 - 11:28

BARS is simply not meant for use with IPCC enterprise, that's all.

Everything you need for an IPCC enterprise system lives in the databases (for the logger and aw/hds) and in the registry keys (for all systems)

-matt

bilalghayad Tue, 01/08/2008 - 22:45

So that means BARS are doing more than dealing with Database at Backup/Restore level? In other words, when we use BARS and when we use normal Backup/Restore? Is there something special to determine when to use BARS and when to use Backup/Restore?

Regards

Bilal

Correct Answer
lpezj Wed, 01/09/2008 - 00:02

Bilal,

You have to use BARS to BackUp/Restore IPIVRs and CallManagers.

You have to use normal SQL Server BackUp/Restore for HDS and Logger configuration in IPCC Enterprise (and backup registry keys an all IPCC Enterprise machines).

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

rbua Wed, 01/09/2008 - 08:18

That is indeed right Bilal, you copy also the LDAP profiles defined in your LDAP system, being DC Directory or Active Directory while backing up your system with BARS.

IPCC Enterprise uses the DB, the registry and sometimes some .ini files to run and it is not as easy as the IPCC Express on the back up side.

Happy new year,

Riccardo

Actions

This Discussion