cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong Time on 7940/7960 Phones HELP

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Was today the original day the time was to fall back? We have applied all the necessary patches... The server times are all correct, but my 7940 and 7960 phones are an hour behind. The 7971 and 7941 times appear correct. Time on servers are correct, its just the time on the phones. We are in eastern time zone. CM 4.2

17 Replies 17

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

This was the "old" DST Sunday fallback date. I am not on site right now to see if our phones are doing the same thing :( sorry. Have you opened a TAC case? Have you tried resetting any of the 7940 or 7960 sets?

I might try changing the server time back 1 hour. This should not affect the 41's and 71's as they seem to operate independantly due to being Java based.

Let us know,

Rob

Hi Rob... I had in the back of my head this was going to happen. I have not opened a case yet.. probably will attack it first thing tomorrow. I have done a reset on the phone that I have connected here at my house (thats how I discovered it).. but it didn't change anything. The time on the server is correct as it should be... (SO O.S.) is good. Its just the phones except the java based sets.

My are doing the same thing. I had applied the tzedit fix. I'm in the middle of a planned upgrade anyway and can let you know if any of that fixes it. I'm upgrading my OS from 4.4a to 4.5b SR4. Servers have the correct time, but not phones.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Guys,

I'm guessing that you are hitting this new Bug;

However, for the Fall time changes you MUST update the MCS OS versions due to the following defect:

CSCsh20360: Looping in System Date & Time due to Daylight saving correction:

The four software items that were required in March.

The Windows 2000 Patches that were recommend are as follows

2000.4.2(sr15) or higher

2000.4.3a(sr8) or higher

2000.4.4a(sr3a) or higher

2000.4.5a 2000.4.5a or higher

2003.1.1 2003.1.1(sr1) or higher

2003.1.2a 2003.1.2a or higher

However, you may experience this vulnerability - CSCsh20360 - in the following MCS OS versions:

2000.4.2(sr15) or lower

2000.4.3a(sr8) or lower

2000.4.4a(sr3a) or lower

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

mstubbers
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the OS updates did the trick and a reset of the phones.

Is it just an os update or a CM update as well?

I have not been able to check our OS version yet but the server time remains correct I never had to modify that...it was only the phone times that went wrong. Was your OS (windows) time correct? Just wondering

Thank you

Yes, I'm fairly certain the OS updates corrected it. Also, Rob's message indicates the same. In my case I went from 4.4b to 4.5 since 4.4 will be end of support as of November anyway.

Good luck!

Ok I just got in remotely to see my OS and here is what it says. I'm not all that familiar with doing the OS updates so any pointers I would appreciate..

My level:

OS image 2000.4.4

OS serv release 2000.4.4aSR5

What is the download I should be looking for exactly? Do we just download the file and execute to publisher? I'm guessing we should do Publisher and all Subs one at a time? Approx how long does it take?

Thanks so much!!!!!

May be a good idea to contact TAC just to verify your situation, but you are in a similar position to where I was. I had 2000.4.4aSR9 applied from previous updates. Otherwise here are the patches I applied and in this order. Bad news is the 4.5 update is 950MB to download from Cisco and took 45-50 minutes to apply to my server. Each server was about 1.5 hrs to upgrade. You need to do the PUB first, than all of your SUBs. Again I recommend you check out upgrade documentation starting at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/osbios.htm

and downloads at

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

!!!!! RUN BACKUP !!!!!!!!!!!!

win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a.exe

win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5b-sr4.exe

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should also check on SQL updates.

I chose the 4.5 route since 4.4 support ends Nov 07.

Hi Chris,

According to this your OS should be OK because you have 4-4a(sr5)?? I would open a TAC case here for sure. Why don't you look at the Manual workaround in this doc for the short term.

However, you may experience this vulnerability - CSCsh20360 - in the following MCS OS versions:

2000.4.2(sr15) or lower

2000.4.3a(sr8) or lower

2000.4.4a(sr3a) or lower

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Many thanks for everyones help!!! We will get with TAC tomorrow... I'd rather not go through pains of OS updates if we don't have to.... Its hard to get the maint time in the hospital!!!

Rob,

I believe this document is not worded well, but my interpetation of it is that even if you applied steps 1-4 which include the 4.4a(sr3a) patch you still need to apply patches

"Please Note:

If you applied the four software items which were required to make a Cisco Unified CallManager system Daylight Saving Time compliant in March 2007 you will be DST compliant with Cisco Unified CallManager Database, Phone load / Device packs and JRE version listed below.

However, for the Fall time changes you MUST update the MCS OS versions due to the following defect:

CSCsh20360: Looping in System Date & Time due to Daylight saving correction:"

The upgrade I applied did resolve my DST issue for the fall.

Cheers!

I am having the opposite problem. My Server time is correct and my 7940's and 7960's are correct but my 7941's and 7961's are an hour behind. Any ideas? Did I miss a patch for the phone loads or something?

Thanks

The 79x1 (and 7970) phones need at least 8.2(2)SR1 or above. Curious what your phone firmware is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: