Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with cisco 837 VPN firewall configuration

anitakuang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I attempted to configure remote access VPN using cisco 837.IPSEC and firewall features were added already.However, the VPN client keeps saying "remote peer no longer responding".

Upon removing firewall and ACLs, VPN client works. Therefore, I believe these two parts went wrong. Could you please take a look on my config below and see what is going on. On the other hand, when i issue the same config to cisco 827, it does not work. My question is whether cisco 827 IOS 12.1(3)support IPSEC.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

This document demonstrates how to configure a connection between a router and the Cisco VPN Client 4.x using Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) for user authentication. Cisco IOS? Software Releases 12.2(8)T and later support connections from Cisco VPN Client 3.x. The VPN Clients 3.x and 4.x use Diffie Hellman (DH) group 2 policy. The isakmp policy # group 2 command enables the VPN Clients to connect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800946b7.shtml

Hi Vkapoor5,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The artical you recommended was very helpful. Especially, the troubleshooting steps guided me through the end.

I already sorted it out by modifying the "ip audit" commands.

Cheers

Anita

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: