Frame-relay Hub-and-Spoke

Unanswered Question
Oct 28th, 2007

Hi,I'm working on a SIM to create Hub-and-Spoke; After configuration I can ping all sub-offices from central-office; but all sub-offices can't ping each other; I tried to enable Inverse_Arp for all interfaces, but still didn't work; Is something wrong with this SIM?

I've also tried to setup Frame-relay map for interfaces and didn't work either;

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
xs_echoss Sun, 10/28/2007 - 06:56

Check the routing table to make sure they exchange the routing information each other. how did you setup this hub-and-spoke? Using multipoint, or point-to-point? If multipoint, you need to disable the split horizon to let sub-office exchange routing information.

jpstephens Sun, 10/28/2007 - 18:53

If you aren't using routing protocols then you must setup frame maps on a spoke for each remote spoke you want to reach and vice versa. Also, the spoke to spoke frame map must point to the hub DLCI. Inverse arp alone will not work.

For example let's say you have Hub A, Spoke B and Spoke C with DLCI 1 as PVC between A-B and DLCI 2 as a PVC between A-C. Spoke B will need to have a frame map not only to Hub A using DLCI 1, but also to Spoke C using DLCI 1. Spoke C will need to have a frame map to Hub A using DLCI 2 and also to Spoke B using DLCI 2.

Actions

This Discussion