cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Upgrading

haroon.rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

we are currently using CCM 4.1(3)SR2 in IPCC enterprise enviroment and we are planning to upgrade it to 4.3 so i need to know the procedure to do that is there any sort of patch which we have to run or some other process, please explain it to me or refer some cisco document which can explain the whole procedure.

I will be thankful if some body can assist me

5 Replies 5

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no direct patch to from Call Manager 4.1(3)SR2 to Call Manager 4.3. This is mainly due to Call Manager 4.3 being a Win2k3 platform while Call Manager 4.1(3) is a Windows 2000 platform.

From the Call Manager Perspective I would start with the Call Manager 4.3 Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00807d935c.html

I would also review the Call Manager 4.3 Install & Upgrade Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00807a68ac.html

Since you are also running in a UCCE environment I would consult the UCCE documentation for any dependencies that your specific version of UCCE had with Call Manager 4.3

Sorry to but in, but we have a customer who wishes to upgrade also from 4.1.3sr1 to 4.3.

As you've mentioned with running 2000 they can only upgrade to 4.2.3. Would there be any benefit to upgrade to this version and if so can I upgrade directly from version 4.13sr1?

Thanks

Marc.

You can upgrade to CM 4.2, but 4.1 and 4.2 have just been announced End of Life, so I would not recoomand this upgrade path. Upgrade to either 4.3 or 5.1 or 6.0.

Chris

I was thinking of upgrading to 4.3 but as the customer is using 2000 server os this is not possible unless I reinstall 2003 os if I am correct?

Marc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: