cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup within a Hunt Group CallManager 5.1

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer where we have several hunt groups configured. We also have Pickup Groups configured for each of these areas so that anyone within that group of users can pickup a call ringing on another phone. If someone dials a number directly that is within the pickup group, the call can be picked up from another phone in that group. However, if someone dials the hunt group number, other people within the pickup group cannot pickup the call and have to wait until the hunt works its way around to them. The DNs in the Pickup Group are the same as the DNs in the Hunt Group.

What I want to know is "should this work?". I think I understand why it isn't working, as the dialled number is not a number within the pickup group, as it's a hunt pilot, but is there any way of getting this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Mark.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You are hitting this bug CSCsb12946 which prevents this feature from working. For various CCM versions there was this workaround but supposedly not for CCM 5.1 (see Fixed-In versions);

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

1st Found-In

4.1(3)

4.1(2)

Fixed-In

4.2(0.35)

4.2(0.841)

4.2(1.15)

4.1(3)SR2

4.1(3)ES30

4.1(3)ES29

4.1(3)ES20

4.1(2)ES43.1

5.0(2.1000.3)

5.0(2.50.17)

5.0(1.99.33)

5.0(1.50.224)

5.0(1.20.84)

5.0(0.319)

4.2(1.2)

4.2(0.750)

4.2(0.24)

I did se this one Post from John regarding CCM 5.1.X,

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dddea7c/10#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update! It is most helpful when people take the time to let us all know how things did or didn't work. 5 points for your great work here :)

Thanks again,

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You are hitting this bug CSCsb12946 which prevents this feature from working. For various CCM versions there was this workaround but supposedly not for CCM 5.1 (see Fixed-In versions);

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

1st Found-In

4.1(3)

4.1(2)

Fixed-In

4.2(0.35)

4.2(0.841)

4.2(1.15)

4.1(3)SR2

4.1(3)ES30

4.1(3)ES29

4.1(3)ES20

4.1(2)ES43.1

5.0(2.1000.3)

5.0(2.50.17)

5.0(1.99.33)

5.0(1.50.224)

5.0(1.20.84)

5.0(0.319)

4.2(1.2)

4.2(0.750)

4.2(0.24)

I did se this one Post from John regarding CCM 5.1.X,

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dddea7c/10#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I have tried your suggestion on our CCM 5.0 system in the lab and it works a treat... I am going to put it on the live customer system tomorrow, but I can't see any issues.

Many thanks for your help

Mark.

Hi Mark,

No worries my friend :) Glad to be of some small help.

Take care,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Just to keep you updated. I have put this onto the main customer CCM 5.1 system now and it does work. However, they have an area where they are using Attendant Console. If these users pickup a huntgroup call, the attendant console doesn't give them the option to transfer the call, they have to use the phone to do it. This isn't an issue as I have moved this group onto a pilot point now anyway, but I thought it may be something you would be interested in.

Thanks again.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update! It is most helpful when people take the time to let us all know how things did or didn't work. 5 points for your great work here :)

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: