CCNA 640 802

Unanswered Question
Oct 29th, 2007

Hi

What is CCENT? Should anyone who is planning to write CCNA exam also have to write CCENT? Is CCENT is a Pre requisite for CCNA? Please clarify since i am going to buy book materials for CCNA Exam (640-802) and start my preparation

Thanks,

Mary

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jwadleigh Mon, 10/29/2007 - 11:35

Hi Mary -

From Cisco's website:

The Cisco CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) certification validates the skills required for entry-level network support positions, the starting point for many successful careers in networking.

The CCENT is not a prerequisite for the CCNA. If you can pass the exams required for the CCNA, you will be certified. That being said, all of the info covered in the CCENT program is also included in the CCNA program.

Did you plan on taking the one CCNA test (640-802) or the two tests (640-822 and 640-816)?

If you take the one test approach (which is what I did), you'll only have one test to prepare for and you will essentially skip the CCENT cert.

If you take the two test option, after passing the 640-822 exam you will be awarded the CCENT. Upon passing the second exam, 640-816, you will get your CCNA.

If you have hands-on networking experience, preferably with Cisco equipment, then I would suggest the one test approach. If not, or if you feel that you could use some review of fundamentals, then the two test approach might be a better option.

Take a look at Cisco's official Certifications Overview for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_certification_overview.html

Whichever option you choose; good luck! Let us know how you did!

Hope this helps!

maryxyz123 Mon, 10/29/2007 - 20:35

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable information. This really cleared my doubt on taking up the CCNA exam. I am going to write CCNA as one test 640-802 and not in two tests. Please give suggestions and advice in preparing for CCNA 640-802. Once again, Thank you so much for explaining the Associate level certifications for me.

I have 5 years of expereince in Telecom and Datacom. But i don't have any expereince in working on Cisco devices. Currently I am not employed because of my personal reasons. I will be continuing my career soon. And for which i have started with Cisco Certifications. Please guide me.

Thanks,

Mary

Actions

This Discussion