cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User tracking with Campus Manager 3.3 for Windows.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

I'm not able to see all clients from remote networks with User Tracking utility.

With Network Monitor I can see the UDP packet from clients but these data does not appear into the table.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andrea

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A missing entry in User Tracking will be caused by the switch to which the user directly connects not being properly discovered (i.e. the switch does not show up with a green switch icon on the Topology Map), the user is connect via a trunk port, or there is an SNMP bug on the switch related to CAM/MAC polling.

The best way to troubleshoot this problem is to pick one missing MAC address and find out to which switch and port that user directly connects. Then rule out the trunk port issue. Next, you need to enable vmpsadmin debugging under Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Server Admin > Debugging Options. Then perform another User Tracking major acquisition, and search through the resulting log for the switch's IP address and hostname as well as the missing MAC address.

Many thanks for your help.

I'm going to troubleshoot this problem using the debug option directly.

My users are connected to an access port, maybe there is a trunk link between devices. These switches show up with a green icon on Topology Services.

Andrea.

Hello.

I can attach the debug file.

I don't understand well but seems all run ok.

Only some users, account@domain, appear in UT.

Thanks.

Andrea.