cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LM3.0 and Catalyst 3550 cluster

mattjenkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed LMS3.0 and slowly adding device's but i have a problem with 3 3550 clusters... can anyone tell me how i add the cluster in to common services??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clusters can now be discovered automatically by Campus Manager Device Discovery. Alternatively, you can add a cluster manually to Common Services by first adding the Cluster. To do this, start adding a new device as you normally would. Fill in the IP address and hostname of this cluster. Then, select "Cisco Cluster Management Suite" as the Device Type. This is a critical step. Then continue to fill in the credentials for this cluster, and finish to add the Cluster Device.

Now that the cluster is added, you can proceed to add its members. First, add the Commander. The Commander will be member number 0. To add it, add a device as you normally would, but select "Cluster Managed" as the Management Type. Then select the cluster you added above, and enter 0 for the member number. Repeat these steps for each subsequent member using the correct member number.

Note: for cluster members, you do not need to fill in an IP address. Only giving them a display name is fine.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clusters can now be discovered automatically by Campus Manager Device Discovery. Alternatively, you can add a cluster manually to Common Services by first adding the Cluster. To do this, start adding a new device as you normally would. Fill in the IP address and hostname of this cluster. Then, select "Cisco Cluster Management Suite" as the Device Type. This is a critical step. Then continue to fill in the credentials for this cluster, and finish to add the Cluster Device.

Now that the cluster is added, you can proceed to add its members. First, add the Commander. The Commander will be member number 0. To add it, add a device as you normally would, but select "Cluster Managed" as the Management Type. Then select the cluster you added above, and enter 0 for the member number. Repeat these steps for each subsequent member using the correct member number.

Note: for cluster members, you do not need to fill in an IP address. Only giving them a display name is fine.

Cheers, Works a treat!!

Hey mattjenkins let me know if you encounter errors with the Catalyst 3550's failing inventory collection.....I just upgraded to LMS 3.0 a couple of weeks ago myself and I have been having a time on trying to resolve issue.

Thanks.

Dion

As I said in the thread you started previously, 3550s WILL fail with inventory collection due to the bug I mentioned. You will need to get a patch from TAC to correct that problem. If you give your TAC engineer the bug, they can send you the patch.

Understood, I received the patch with the directions on how to install the patch along with the WindowsCL tool. Currently awaiting response from the developer pending their reviews of the output logs and IC_Server.log I sent them. Just making sure if I was doing something wrong on my end, never had this issue in 2.5

The problem is new to RME 4.1, and is known to be fixed with the patch. Check that you installed it correctly, and restarted dmgtd after installing it.

Will do....thanks.