Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobilty Manager : Pickup Call on Desktop Phone

Hi,

I have activated Mobility Manager for a customer.

When the desktop phone ring , i answer the call on my mobile phone.

And it's possible to hang up the call on the mobile phone, and the call come on the Desktop Phone.

But, when i make that, the call put 30 secondes to arrive on the desktop phone.

Do you have an idea for that.

6 Replies 6

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

To switch the call back to the desk, you have to first hang up the cell phone call and resume from your IP phone. That is the normal behavior. As you have found out, there is a timer for that wait time. You can shorten it or extend the amount of time to wait for you to "resume" from your desk phone before MobilityManager will drop the call.

Ok no problem!

But i know that's possible to short or extend the timer to keep the call on resume on the phone.

But my problem is when i hang up the call on the cell phone, the call put 20-25 secondes to arrive on the screen of the phone.

peter.cheng
Level 1
Level 1

I also encounter this issue, and Cisco seems to think it's normal. Information below comes from CCO and you can reference it.

Q. Why does the desk phone stay in the Remote In-Use state for up to 30 seconds after the user hangs up the cell phone?

A. After hanging up the cell phone, the calling party hears the reorder tone and the desk phone stays in the Remote In-Use state for up to 30 seconds before moving to the On-Hold state. The desk phone can then resume the call with the calling party. The delay occurs because the mobile carrier waits before sending a disconnect message to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, probably to avoid false disconnects.

voice call disc-pi-off

This command was missing in my h323 config, after applying that, it worked.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Where i can enter this command.

On general parameter on the Gateway, or in a dialpeer.

Thanks

Bye.

general parameter.

I have some problems here with Moh and Mobility Manager, if I use the CTI RP to modify the dialed number, have you seen this before?

Only if there is no RP used the pickup works.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: